In light of the recent happenings with the Corona Virus (COVID-19), we want to share with our patients the important steps we are taking to keep you safe during your visits. As dental professionals we have always followed OSHA’s guidelines for proper protocols but here are some things you will see that are different.
- We have implemented electronic check-in
- All waiting area furniture is spaced at least 6 feet apart
- Partitions in place at check in and check out desks
- Appointment times have been extended
- All patients are screened for symptoms, travel and exposure
- Temperatures are taken prior to entering the office
- All patients are asked to wash their hands
- All patients rinse with OraCare, an antiviral mouth rinse which has recently been proven to kill the coronavirus
- Medify air filtration units are positioned throughout the office
- All team members are wearing masks
- In addition to the masks and gloves you were used to seeing, our clinical team members are fully donned in surgical PPE (personal protective equipment), gowns, head coverings, face shields, etc.
We want our patients to know that every effort is, has and always will be made by the team at Society Hill Dental to keep you healthy and safe. In order to provide these additional safety measures to our patients, The American Dental Association has recommended we implement a COVID safety fee. For the time being a $16 fee will be added to most appointments.
We sincerely hope that this will be a temporary situation and we greatly appreciate our patients understanding.